Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo and Hair Masque Review

Hi Pinks!!!

In my hunt for a best organic shampoo which best suit my hair, my new find is Shea Moisture. I fell in love with the products, yes all of its product even before trying it!!! Because of the ingredients in every product which is purely organic!!! I decided to buy Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo which best suits my hair according to what I researched on the internet. How easy it is to know about products with internet.

I went to the nearby Target to buy my shampoo and hair masque! To my bad luck I couldn't find the shampoo I was looking for. I can't come often to target, so I need to pick a shampoo now as my old bottle of shampoo will last only for another one wash. As sure of the ingredients would be organic I looked through the shampoos in the counter. I was so happy when I saw the word honey in one of the shampoo bottles!!! 




I am a person who loves honey in all possible ways. I use it for almost everything, to cure my dry throat, substitute for sugar, as a face & hair mask, to nourish my body, etc. You can imagine me in all possible ways of using honey. And I just love to eat honey as much as Winnie the Pooh Bear!! No wonder I love Winnie too. 

With no second thought I picked the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo and checked the ingredients. It was perfect for my search. Voila! I bought 13oz/384ml shampoo for $10.99. And picked the hair masque from the same range which was 12oz/340gm for $12.99. 

Coming home after shopping and dinner, I started with my night time skincare routine by applying my DIY Overnight Oil Hair Mask (Click to read). I apply it the night before I wash my hair. It helps keep my locks healthy.




In the morning I was very excited to try the new shampoo! It was a fat plastic bottle with press-open cap, which makes my life easy.  The shampoo smelled of honey and very natural which I liked. The consistency was like any regular shampoo. It did lather decently. After the first wash it definitely cleansed my hair and scalp without stripping the natural oil. After second wash my scalp and hair felt very clean. 

I continued with the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque. Every now and then I use hair masque in the place of conditioner for deep conditioning. As I have a new product in hand, I want to skip the conditioner and use it. 






The hair masque came packed in a tub container with screw up cap. I was not very happy with the packing. I found all the hair mask containers stained with something sticky. I cleaned it after getting home. I din't experience any spill or mess after that. I believe the stains are due to broken bottle during transit!

The masque felt very creamy in texture. I applied it all over my hair, leaving the scalp as I have a very oily scalp. If you have a dry scalp, applying it to the scalp will help hydrating the scalp. I let it sit on my hair till I was done with my shower, which is usually 10 to 15 minutes. When I washed my hair, I really did not want to stop touching my hair. It was so soft and smooth.


I could smell the honey in my hair even after air drying my hair, which is a plus for me. Both the shampoo and hair masque worked great. I would give double thumbs up for this shampoo and hair masque.


If you have oily scalp and dry hair problem, girl! you should try this product. It is a awesome shampoo for people with dry hair, it really hydrates the hair so good. But doesn't leave your scalp oily.
I just love love love this shampoo and masque. I would for sure repurchase it and will recommend it to friends.


Featured Ingredients 
(Shampoo & Masque)

Manuka Honey - Anti-inflammatory properties soothe the scalp. Helps create a moisturizing barrier.
Mafura Oil - High level of beneficial oleic acid help replenish oils stripped from hair.
African Rock Fig - Contains antioxidant Vitamin C, which helps keep hair looking vibrant.


Product claim 

The Shampoo claims that "This sulfate-free shampoo cleanses while infusing hair with intense moisture and shine-enhancing nutrients. Certified Organic Shea Butter, Honey, Mafura and Baobab are blended into a rich formulation of restorative oils to soften and revitalize hair. Antioxidant-rich African Rock Fig helps boost hydration while protecting distressed hair from environmental influences".

The Masque claims that "This intense conditioning deep treatment infuses hair with a powerful dose of moisture and nutrients. Certified organic Shea Butter, Honey, Mafura and Baobab Oils are blended with antioxidant-rich African Rock Fig to restore and lock in moisture. Smoothes and fortifies follicles for stronger, healthier frizz-free hair.



Pros
  • Cleanses well without striping out natural oil.
  • Softens your hair.
  • Smells good & makes your hair smell good too.
  • It is made out of totally organic ingredients.
  • Affordable.
  • Easy availability online and in stores.
Cons

  • Packing might not be suitable for travel (I still need to try it!)


Let me know if you will try this shampoo and I would also like to know your favourite shampoo in the comments.



This is my honest opinion and this is not a sponsored review in anyway. I bought the product with my own money.

Thank you so much for reading. 
If you liked this post please do share it and subscribe to my mailing list to receive all my new post without missing it.


#mypinks








4 comments:

  1. I looooove this review! I've been a fan of Shea butter products for awhile now but I've never considered these products I definitely need to buy these next time I go to Target! I usually use the leave in conditioners and styling products from them! Lately I've been using the Suave Karatin shampoo and conditioner it leaves my hair soft especially since my natural texture is thick and curly! Thanks for this review!

    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jasmine. I am looking forward to know how you liked these products after using.

      Delete
  2. If you are thinking of whether or not to Buy Manuka Honey then you need to know what you ought to be looking for to determine the quality.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram